Short Breaks Activities - Support for Individuals - application guidance notes
To apply electronically, you must have a valid email address.
Before you start
- Please read the background information and guidance notes carefully.
- Please make sure you select the correct financial year for your application from the picklist (this should be the financial year that the project will be delivered in).
Grants are available to fund individual support that will be provided up until 31st March 2015 please see the Short Breaks funding pages for more details of grant rounds and closing dates
Organisation details (Questions 1-6)
Question 1 Department/grant programme
Select the Children’s Services Short Breaks - Support for Individuals grant programme. (This forms part of Short Breaks for Children with disabilities and additional needs).
Question 2a Contact details
Provide contact details for the applying organisation. This needs to be the organisation who is responsible for administering and accounting for any grant awarded.
Your activity/project/service (Questions 7-10)
Question 7 Title of project
Tell us the title of the activity that the individual child will be participating in, e.g. Anytown Cub Scouts group; Fun After-school club.
Question 8a Summary of your project
Provide a short summary of the activity the individual child/young person in which the individual child/young person will participate. For example:
“This grant will pay support for a child/young person with disabilities/additional needs to attend and fully participate in (name of activity)”
Please do not include individual children’s details in this section
Question 8b Details of your project
- Describe what the funding would pay for and how it would help the individual child/young person to participate. (This should be discussed and agreed with parents/carers).
- If you are re-applying for a grant to support an individual disabled child/ren and have received funding before, please provide information about the outcomes achieved using the previous funding, and explain why you continue to require short breaks funding
- Give the Gateway card number(s) for each individual child or young person.
- Also tell us what parent / carer contribution will be (this should be the standard cost for the activity).
Question 8c Project outcomes
Please tell us the outcomes that this funding will achieve for each individual child/young person with additional needs, for example:
- The child will be able to participate in a new activity
- The parent/carer will be able to have a break from caring
- The activity will help to develop the child’s independence
If you are applying for a small amount of funding, a brief answer will be fine.
Question 9 Dates and frequency of project
We need to know:
- the expected start and end date for the activities
- the frequency and length of each session.
Finance (Questions 11-15)
Question 11 Financial Reserves
Please type "Not Applicable”.
Question 12 Detail of costs
Please complete the box to show the project costs / expenditure. Use a separate row to give a breakdown of each cost. Also include the standard cost of the activity for any child who is attending. This cost should be covered by parental contributions. For example, for a child attending 3x 1 hour activity sessions:
Example: Description of additional costs
1x support worker @ £7 per hour; for 3 hours
Autism Awareness training x 1 session @ £30 for 2 support workers
Standard cost of activity per child (e.g 3 sessions @ £3 per session)
Question 13: Income
This question does not apply to grant applications £1000 and under.
If your application is for over £1,000, you will need to provide details of income in the table provided
Question 14a Project finance summary
Please include the the standard activity cost (parent/carer contribution) again and any other income received for this additional support within Total Income. This will be automatically deducted from the expenditure to give the ‘shortfall’. This figure would normally be the amount of funding requested from Hampshire County Council.
Total Expenditure (from Q12)
Total Income (standard cost of activity plus any other income)
Funding requested from Hampshire County Council
This request for funding would be for £81 – the cost of the additional support plus the training
Question 14b Project long-term plan
Please type “Not Applicable”.
Question 14c Unsuccessful/partially awarded application
Please tell us how the individual/group might be affected if the grant was unsuccessful or only partially awarded.
Question 15 Other sources of funding approached
Please type “Not Applicable”.
General information (Questions 16- 20)
Question 16 Quality mark
You do not have to have a quality mark - this will not affect your application.
Question 18 Documentation
Please refer to background information for details of insurance requirements
Question 19 About your organisation
Please leave the first part about Trustees blank if your organisation does not have trustees.
Question 20 Equalities
Please answer all three parts as best you can. We are not looking for comprehensive policies – just some bullet points, for example: thorough training; information sessions, staff guidebook etc. In addition to information about your policies and procedures please outline how the aims of your project will contribute towards a, b, and c.
Examples of things which may be relevant to include are:
- We have an equality and diversity policy. We ensure our staff receive equalities and diversity training. We actively encourage and support all sectors of the community including those having protected characteristics to take part in this project.
- We have an open and transparent recruitment and promotion policy.
- The organisation’s culture fully embraces diversity.
- Our constitution/ this project focuses on fostering good community relations across all sectors of society by...
- This project will advance equality of opportunity for everyone by…
Documentation to be submitted
You only need to send same document once over 12 month period. If you have sent us your documents in the last 12 months please tell us the grant reference number to which they were attached if possible.
We would appreciate electronic document attachments. If, however, you only have a paper copy please write this in the documentation section and send a paper copy in to the grants team.
Safeguarding/child protection policy
This information will help us to plan and fund areas of work where there are significant gaps and needs. If you need to collect this information from your staff or service users then it is important that you give them a choice as to whether they choose to give this personal information.
The application form will open in a new window. There is a two hour time limit to complete or save your form.
The Short Breaks Team
1st Floor Elizabeth II Court North
Winchester SO23 8UG
Telephone 01962 846399
The team can provide guidance on the suitability of projects, and we will aim to support organisations to apply for a grant wherever possible.