Village Shops Grant Scheme - application notes
To apply electronically, you must have a valid email address.
These notes will assist you in filling out the grant application form. You may find it useful to print them out before beginning the application form.
Organisation Details (Questions 1-6)
Question 1 Department
You should select : Economy, Transport and Enviornment on the first drop down menu.
Then: Village Shops Grant Scheme.
Question 2 Organisation details
Please give details of your business.
Question 6 Aims and objectives
Please state “not applicable”.
Your project/activity (Questions 7-10)
Question 7 Title of project/activity/service
Please enter the name of your village shop.
Question 8a Summary of project
Please use this section to describe what it is the grant would be paying for, for example to install a kitchen area or diversify your business.
Question 8b Details of project
Please give a description of your new activity /project and what the funding will be used for. What are the usual services or activities you provide, who this will help and how this will be achieved.
Question 8c Project outcomes
Please state how the new facilities and/or services you are planning will benefit the village and surrounding area. If you have any evidence to support your application, demonstrating the need for the project, please tell us about it here.
Question 8d How you involve service users in the development of your project
If you have asked for customers suggestions or carried out a customer survey, please tell us about it here.
Question 9 Dates of project
Is your project/service/activity ongoing? Please tick “no”.
Please state your proposed project start and finish date under “date from and date to”.
Please state “not applicable” in the other boxes.
Finance (Questions 11 – 15)
Question 11 Financial reserves
Please select “no.”
Question 12 Project costs
Please state the project costs – both with VAT and ex VAT. Most of your project costs will be capital. Capital costs include one-off major costs, e.g. purchasing equipment or building costs.
You may apply for up to £1000 of revenue funding to support this project, e.g. marketing/promotion/website development.
Question 13 Income
Please enter details of any match funding you have obtained, or planning to obtain, for this project.
General Information (Questions 16-20)
Question 16 Quality mark
Please select "no".
Question 18 Documentation
Please leave blank.
Question 20 Equalities
Please answer all four parts as best you can. We are not looking for comprehensive policies – just some bullet points, for example: thorough training; information sessions, staff guidebook etc. In addition to information about your policies and procedures please outline how the aims of your project will contribute towards a, b, c and d.
Examples of things which may be relevant to include are:
- We have an equality and diversity policy. We ensure our staff receive equalities and diversity training. We actively encourage and support all sectors of the community including those having protected characteristics to take part in this project.
- We have an open and transparent recruitment and promotion policy.
- The organisation’s culture fully embraces diversity.
- Our constitution/ this project focuses on fostering good community relations across all sectors of society by...
- This project will advance equality of opportunity for everyone by…
Documentation to be submitted
Please attach your supporting Business Plan. A template and guidance for a business plan 89kb is provided to assist you with this.
We would appreciate electronic document attachments. If, however, you only have a paper copy please indicate this in the documentation section and send a paper copy in to the Grants Officer.
In addition to this you will need to send paper copies of the following:
- A letter of support from the Parish Council
- Copies of three quotes and/or three estimates for each item
- Copies of secured funding letters
- Copies of any planning consents together with any architectural drawings
- A set of financial accounts for the last three years
- Copy of the lease
- Letter from freeholder confirming approval of the project.
Monitoring Information (Questions 21-22)
This information will help us to plan and fund areas of work where there are significant gaps and needs. If you need to collect this information from your staff or service users then it is important that you give them a choice as to whether they choose to give this personal information.
- We have spoken to the Parish Council about our application
- We have answered all the questions on the form
- The Chairperson, Vice Chair, Parish Clark or Treasurer of the group, who is different from the main contact, has signed the application form ( if applicable )
- We have made a copy of this application for reference
The application form will open in a new window. There is a two hour time limit to complete or save your form.
Economic Development Office
Hampshire County Council
Elizabeth II Court South
Telephone 01962 846558
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org