No advance reservations
Walk ashore facilities are located at the Harbour Master's jetty at Warsash and Hamble-Le-Rice. Minimum depth approx 2m at chart datum at Warsash and approx 1.5m Hamble. There are also mid stream pontoon available between piles B1 and B6.
Short stay (max 4 hours)
up to 12 metres LOA
Short stay (max 4 hours)
over 12 metres LOA
|Overnight after 5pm||Weekly|
|Warsash Jetty||£6||£8||£2 per metre||£12 per metre|
|Hamble Jetty||£6||£8||£1.75 per metre||£10.50 per metre|
|Visitor Pontoon||£4||£6||£1.50 per metre||£9 per metre|
Mooring fees can be paid at the Harbour Office or collected by the Harbour Patrols.
Visitors may stay a maximum of 2 months between 1 April and 30 September and a maximum of 6 months between 1 October and 31 March. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Harbour Master.
Visitors may moor tenders on the Warsash and Hamble jetties in the area marked in red, but not overnight.
The outside face of both jetties are for the convenience of all river users and is available for passengers and crew to embark and disembark. Vessels may moor free of charge for 30 minutes but must be attended for this period.
Mid stream visitor’s pontoon
The mid stream visitor’s pontoon is available for advance bookings for rallies and events between April and October.
It is a continuous pontoon with a capacity of 240m including rafting. Space will still be available for individual visiting yachts.
Pontoon booking form 61 kB
Temporary Mooring Licence (sublet)
Midstream moorings may be available on a temporary basis for a minimum of 2 months when not in use by the mooring holder.
- Water - Fresh water is available at Warsash jetty free of charge.
- Waste disposal - Sewage pump for vessels with holding tanks at Harbour Master's Jetty, Warsash
- General garbage - Harbour Master's Compound, Warsash
- Used oil, oil filters, special waste etc - Apply at Harbour Master's Office
- Glass recyling in the car park at Warsash.
- Showers and washroom facilities - The Harbour Office no longer provides this facility, although public toilets are available at Warsash and Hamble Village.
- Fuel - Diesel and petrol are available at Port Hamble Marina and Swanwick Marina.
- Maintenance Piles - There are maintenance piles at Warsash, Hamble and Lands End Hard. Available on first come first serve basis. £25 for 24 hours or part thereof for visiting vessels. Contact Harbour Office.
- Food and drink - A selection of shops, Pubs and restaurants can be found in Warsash and Hamble village centres.
- Electricity - Electricity is available at Warsash Jetty only and is included in the berthing fees
- Recyling - Facilities available adjacent to the Harbour Masters Office in Warsash - please remove glass recyling
Terms and Conditions
- Visitor berths are allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. There is no guarantee or right to a berth. Advance reservations will only be taken at the discretion of the Harbour Master.
- Owners of vessels berthed in unauthorised spaces or who fail to pay the appropriate fees in advance will be liable to a penalty of three times the normal rate for the vessel. The Harbour Master has the powers to arrest and sell any vessel for which appropriate fees remain unpaid.
- If vessel is to be left unattended overnight, the owner’s name, address and telephone number must be provided to the Harbour Office.
- All vessels must be properly secured and fendered at all times.
- No vessel may use visitors berths for a cumulative total duration of stay exceeding 31days during the period 1 April to 30 September. The maximum stay during the period 1 October to 31 March is six calendar months.
- All charges must be paid in advance. There is no facility for payment on account or in arrears.
- Credit/Debit Cards will only be accepted for sums greater than £5.
- In an emergency, the Harbour Master may move a vessel without the prior permission of the owner. On all other occasions, every effort will be made to contact the owner first.
- All vessels are left at the owners risk. The Harbour Authority accepts no responsibility or liability for security or damage to vessels left on Visitor berths.
These are available from the harbour office for vessels returning from or departing to non EC countries.