Download Activity Sheets
- River’s Journey 1 MB
- Collage Makers in the Outdoors 1 MB
- If You’re Not from the Hamble…… 1 MB
- River Dynamics – how does your river work? 1 MB
- Investigating the Lower Tidal Section of the Hamble River 1&2 1 MB
- Down Your Way – local faces, meet the people 1 MB
- Woodland Detectives 1 MB
- Contrasting Locality Detectives KS1 1 MB
- Contrasting Locality Detectives KS2 2 MB
- Hamble/Warsash Activities KS1 1 MB
- Hamble/Warsash Activities KS2 1 MB
These activities were produced on behalf of the River Hamble Harbour Authority by Jeff Stanfield. They are for KS1 and KS2 pupils but some may be adapted for KS3.
Many of the activities are cross-curricular and they can be carried out at a number of locations around the River Hamble. Each activity has suggested locations and these correspond with the activity locations on the Learning Zone interactive map. Some of the locations have rangers and contact details are given on their websites so that you can liaise with them in advance of a visit.
For advice on planning an offsite visit please refer to the Outdoor Education Service
Hook with Warsash Primary school's visit to the River Hamble
Interview reports and photos from Year 5 from Hook with Warsash Primary school's visit to the River Hamble to interview people who work on and near the river. The children were doing activity 6 'Down Your way' from the Learning Zone.