The River Hamble Harbour Authority

Complaints Procedure

The River Hamble Harbour Authority is part of Hampshire County Council and is managed by the Department of Culture, Communities and Rural Affairs. The River Bed and associated mid-stream moorings are owned by The Crown Estate but managed on its behalf by the Harbour Authority.

If you have a complaint or concern it should be addressed (in writing) to

David Evans
Marine Director and Harbour Master
Harbour Office, Shore Road, Warsash, Southampton SO31 9FR

An acknowledgement will be sent within three working days and a full response to your complaint or concern will be provided within 20 working days or, where appropriate, it will be passed to The Crown Estate for necessary action. A register of complaints received is kept at the Harbour Office.

If your complaint or concern is in regard to navigational safety, you may also wish to contact the Designated Person

Captain Mark Capon
Marine Enforcement Limited
Digital House, Kemp's Quay, Quayside Road, Southampton, SO18 1AD

The Designated Person is independent of the Harbour Authority and is required to report any safety concerns to the Harbour Board.

If you believe that your complaint or concern has not been answered to your satisfaction, you should write to

Councillor Keith Evans
Chairman, River Hamble Harbour Board
c/o Harbour Office
Agenda Item: 8
13 Shore Road, Warsash, Southampton SO31 9FR

With copies to

John Tickle
Assistant Director, Culture, Communities and Business Services
Room 101, Mottisfont Court, The Castle, Winchester SO23 8UJ

Councillor SDT Woodward
Chairman, River Hamble Harbour Management Committee
c/o Harbour Office, Shore Road, Warsash, Southampton SO31 9FR