The River Hamble Harbour Board may grant conditional consent permitting Harbour Works according to Section 10 of the Southampton Harbour Act 1924 and Section 48 of the Southampton Harbour Act 1949, as amended by the River Hamble Harbour Revision orders 1969 and 1989. When granting Harbour Works Consent we take account of navigational safety and environmental impact.
The Harbour Safety Management System and the associated risk assessments form the base documents that cover navigational safety. A full consultation with river users is undertaken by the Authority before amending any relevant risk assessment.
Designated sites and the Harbour Authority’s responsibilities
The River Hamble Harbour Authority is a Relevant Authority and a Competent Authority under The Conservation (Natural Habitats, &c) Regulations 1994.
The River Hamble is part of the Solent European Marine Sites and is afforded protection due to its international nature conservation value.
The majority of the Hamble Estuary falls within the Solent Special Protection Area and Ramsar Site. The tidal areas of the River form part of the Solent Maritime Special Area of Conservation.
|Deadline for receipt of full HWC application||Management Committee meeting||Harbour Board meeting & decision|
|Expired||7 June 2013||26 June 2103|
|Expired||6 Sep 2013||27 Sept 2013|
|3 October 2013||13 Dec 2013||10 Jan 2013|
|23 December 2013||14 March 2014||TBC|
- Up to and including 100m2 – £390
- Over 100m2 to 500m2 – £440
- Over 500m2 to 2,500m2 – £590
- Over 2,500m2 to 10,000m2 – £1,090
- Over 10,000m2 – £1,590
- A reduced fee for applications that fall within the Harbour Master's delegated powers and consents eg. maintenance work to structures – £150
- Pre-application consultation fee - attendance at the Consents Advice Panel meeting and one hour of pre-application consultation will be at no charge – £47 an hour thereafter
All fees plus VAT