The River Hamble Harbour Authority

Fireworks guidance

Due to the number of requests to hold fireworks displays on the river and changes in legislation, guidance has been produced to assist organisers when applying to the Harbour Master and hopefully reduce confusion.

Applications to hold fireworks displays are required under bye-law 32 for the River Hamble undertaking, which states that:

No searchlights, floodlights or other bright lights or pyrotechnics other than those for indicating emergency or distress shall be exhibited in the River in such a manner as to interfere with safe navigation, unless consent of the Harbour Master has first been obtained.

Application must be made, in writing, to the Harbour Master.  When applications are considered, the Harbour Authority must also give consideration to any possible environmental impacts that may result from the display.

" "