Notice to River Users 22 of 2011
River Hamble Games – 21 July 2012 - Event Notification
N1. otice is hereby given that the River Hamble Games will take place on Saturday 21 July 2012 . The Games will consist of sailing, rowing, swimming, kayaking and running events, with a total of up to 500 competitors. All on-the-water activities will take place outside the main channel, but there is likely to be considerable small craft traffic in the main channel as competitors deploy to their designated event areas. Dinghy racing will take place outside the River.
2.The event schedule is as follows
- 11am Sailing dinghies launch and depart River via main channel
- 12pm - 1pm Swimming - up to 1000 metres upstream from Warsash Ferry Hard
- 1.15pm – 3pm Kayaking – Hamble foreshore
- 1.15pm – 3pm Rowing – up to 2000 metres upstream from Warsash Ferry Hard
- 2.45 – 4pm Running – Hamble village (some road closures from 1415 – 1600)
- 3.30pm Sailing dinghies return to River via main channel
Timings are subject to change if weather conditions dictate.
3. The Hamble-Warsash Ferry will be diverted to operate to and from the Harbour Master’s Jetty in Warsash from approximately 1100 – 1500.
4. River users are to proceed with caution when passing the event areas and to keep a good look out for small craft crossing the main channel. Any problems should be reported to ‘Hamble Harbour Radio’ on VHF #68
5. Cancel this Notice to River Users on 22 July 2012.
David M Evans
Marine Director and Harbour Master
Shore Road, Warsash SO31 9FR
16 July 2012