Join our talent bank
There are hundreds of careers on offer across the 12 local authorities in Hampshire, but if you have looked at the current vacancies and cannot find a position that matches your skills and experience we still want to hear from you.
By joining our talent bank we will be able to know who you are, how to contact you, and more importantly what types of roles you are looking for so that we can contact you if a role comes up in the future that we think you might like.
When a new job comes up we search the people who have registered in the talent bank and will then email suitable people notifying them that a new job has been published – you then choose whether you would like to apply or not by completing and submitting a specific application for the role.
Have you joined our talent bank before?
Use the link below to log on and update your details
Use the link below where you will be asked to create a new user account by providing your name, email address and setting a password. This information will be used to create a logon specific to you which you will be able to access at any time to manage, add, delete your job alerts.
When you have registered you will see a screen which says “Registration Complete". Please follow the link titled ‘Continue to form’ where you will be asked for some information which will help us match your skills and experience to future jobs.
Submitting your details to the talent bank does not guarantee that we will match your skills and experience against future roles and so we would still strongly recommend that you still look at the current vacancies regularly or set up a job alert.
Why do I need to register and what information will I be asked to provide?
We need you to register so that we can obtain some key pieces of information which we will use to identify you in the future:
- Your name – so that we can address information to you
- Your email – so that we can send you an email when new jobs are added
- Password – so that your job alerts are secure
What information will I be asked to provide in order to join your talent bank?
When we publish a new job we search across all of the candidates registered in our talent bank against the skills and experience they have told us about. This enables us to identify whether we should contact you about the role or not.
Therefore, when you join the talent bank we need to collect information and this will include:
- Personal details – so that we can contact you in the future
- A brief outline of your knowledge and skills
- Membership of any professional bodies
- Who your current employer is (if applicable)
You will then be asked to select which criteria best matches your skills and experence including the types of roles you are looking for, including:
- which job category or categories (e.g. audit, social work) you are interested in?
- what salary you are looking for?
- which location or locations you would like to work in?
- which working pattern (i.e. full / part time) you are looking for?
- which council or councils are you interested in working for?
- Some of the information (i.e. personal details) are essential information we require, however you choose how much other additional information you provide – obviously the more you provide the more we will be able to assess whether your skills and experience match a role we may have.
If I choose to apply will I need to provide all of the information again?
If you choose to apply for a specific role all of the details you have already provided as part of joining our talent bank will automatically be inserted into the application form.
All you need to do is provide some specific information relevant to the role to which you are applying and check the other information to ensure it is still correct.
What are the benefits to me joining your talent bank?
Rather than having to log onto your computer and look at www.hampshirejobs.org.uk we will be able to see that you are interested in working for one of the local authorities and be able to review your skills and experience to see if you match jobs as and when they come up in the future.
Joining the talent bank will increases your chances of getting notified about a position at one of the 12 local authorities.