Health and Safety
General Health and Safety Policy Statement
1. The primary duty of care for health and safety of learners and staff is the responsibility of the provider organisation contracted with Hampshire Learning to deliver adult and family learning through a funding agreement (‘The Provider’).
2. Hampshire Learning will work in partnership with all relevant stakeholders and providers through its appropriate departments to promote and secure the concept of the “safe learner” in respect of health and safety on funded programmes.
3. Hampshire County Council, through Hampshire Learning, will ensure that health and safety will be facilitated by providers as follows:
The inclusion of a safety element in all Hampshire Learning contract documents, which places the primary duty of care with the provider.
All providers to take such precaution as is reasonably practical to provide and maintain safe and healthy working/learning conditions for learners and staff.
All providers to maintain:
- Proof of risk assessment
- A regular update and audit of safety related documentation
- A monitoring programme of compliance, based on a variety of risk factors
- Proof of completion of the safety criteria within the provider performance review process
- The recording and quality assurance of all relevant accidents to learners
- Promotion of provider responsibility and continuous improvement
- Regular communication on health and safety issues with learners.
4. All providers will have their own health and safety policies, and these should include practical steps that will achieve the objectives of this policy statement by providing and maintaining high standards of health and safety for learners and staff, as far as is reasonably practicable.
Date of last review/update