New lights save energy and money
Hampshire County Council’s streetlight programme will see the replacement or upgrading of around 150,000 street lights, illuminated signs and bollards in Hampshire over the next few years. Already, Basingstoke, Hart, Gosport and Winchester are benefiting from the new lights, with the programme moving into Fareham, Fleet and Andover next.
The new energy efficient lamps will reduce carbon emissions and light pollution. Light quality will be better, with more light targeted on main roads and in areas of high crime.
The programme is being delivered in partnership with Scottish and Southern Electric (SSE).
To find out more:
- Tel: 0845 603 5633
- Lights on in Hampshire
Listen to the audio version
Also in Hampshire Now
- From the Leader
- Your community museum needs you!
- Tell Us Once
- Olympic flame coming to Hampshire
- Speed limit changes coming to Hampshire’s roads
- School holiday fun with short break activities
- Home Care Guide
- New lights save energy and money
- Lego Mania!
- Calshot Activities Centre Open Day
- Council Tax
- Hampshire Personality
- Outdoor centres
- What happens to our recycling?
- Award for school meals team
- Sherfield on Loddon walk