Venison Sausage Focaccia
Try this recipe supplied by Wessex Conference Centre, Sparsholt College, nr Winchester. See how Sparsholt College rears its herd of deer and produces venison, then watch a cookery demo using own-reared venison and trout during its Fish & Game Event as part of July’s Hampshire Food Festival. Sunday 17 July 10.30am-1.30pm or noon-3pm. Tickets £10 adult, £7.50 child, booking essential: 01962 797259.
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 6 uncooked venison sausages
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 red and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1x 9” Focaccia loaf (or 6 Focaccia bread rolls) halved horizontally
- Cut onion and peppers into thick slices and brush with the dressing.
- Place sausages on the barbecue, turning regularly.
- Cook onions and peppers in a pan on the barbecue for 10 minutes. Remove from heat when softened.
- When sausages are cooked, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard and spread on cut sides of Focaccia.
- Arrange sausages, peppers, and onions on Focaccia bottom and then add Focaccia top, pressing down gently.
- If you are using a Focaccia loaf, cut into six wedges to serve.
Also in Hampshire Now
Try some other recipes!
- Spring time fruitcake
- Apple flapjack crumble
- Vegetable frittata
- Rhubarb & Ginger Baked Alaska
- Little Hampshire Honey Puddings
- Warming Sausage Hotpot