How to apply
Help and support
See FAQs section and the information within this site.
Briefings will run in late January / early February for staff who are considering applying to the programme. See the homepage of this site for more information.
Steps for applying
- Are you suitable for the Graduates (E, F or G grade), or the Future Leaders programme (H, I+)?
- Look at what you need to demonstrate in the programme entry requirements section of this website, and refer to the relevant person specification document.
- Discuss with your line manager as they will need to endorse your application.
Complete the appropriate Word version of the application form, and ask your line manager to complete the managers’ section.
- Hampshire Own Grown draft nomination form - Graduates 2013 80kb
- Hampshire Own Grown draft nomination form - Future Leaders 2013 81kb
- note that the main section of the form will be capped at 1,000 words.
- Once nominations open on 25 February, you will have till 25 March to copy and paste your draft Word document application into the online form. Do not use the online form as your only draft in case it does not save.
- You will receive a notification that your form has arrived and a PDF copy. Your line manager will also receive a notification and a PDF copy of your form. If you do not receive confirmation, contact Sarah Bourne as soon as possible.
- Once the deadline of 25 March has passed, the online forms will be closed, and all applications will be sent to departmental coordinators for short listing.
- Departmental panels will approve up to 8 Future Leader nominations and 8 Graduate nominations from all those received from their department. This will happen by 29 April.
- If your application has not been successful, your department will not put you forward for the development centre. They will notify you of this after 29 April.
- If your department nominates you, you will be invited to the Development Centre and Hampshire Learning Centre will notify you of this in the week commencing 7 May.
- The Development Centre will take place between 3-14 June. Your timeslots will be confirmed to you in advance.
- For more information, see the Development Centre section of this site.