How to apply- HCC staff only
West Sussex County Council staff please visit the WSCC page.
Steps for applying (HCC only)
- Are you suitable for the Aspiring Leaders (E,F or G grade), or the Future Leaders programme (G, H, I or above)?
- Discuss with your line manager as they will need to endorse your application.
- Complete the draft Word version of the application form, and ask your line manager to complete the managers’ section. There is one form for both groups - make sure you tick the correct box to make it clear which programme you are applying for.
- Hampshire Own Grown draft nomination form 2014
- Note that a word limit applies to the application form.
- Ensure you specify whether you are applying for Aspiring or Future Leaders.
- Once nominations open on 7 April, you will have till 28 April to copy and paste your draft Word document application into the online form. Do not use the online form as your only draft in case it does not save.
- You will receive a notification that your form has arrived and a PDF copy. Your line manager will also receive a notification and a PDF copy of your form. If you do not receive confirmation, contact Hampshire Learning Centre as soon as possible.
Nominations process (HCC only)
- Departmental/organisational panels will approve up to 8 Future Leader nominations and 8 Aspiring Leader nominations from all those received from their department. This will happen by 14 May.
- If your application has not been successful, your department will not put you forward for the development centre. They will contact you about this.
- If your department nominates you, you will be invited to the Development Centre and Hampshire Learning Centre will notify you of this on 16 May.
- The Development Centre will take place between 2-26 June, your timeslot will be confirmed to you in advance.
- For more information, see the Development Centre section of this site.