Project Appraisal for Queens Roundabout
Monday, 11 November 2013
The Project Appraisal for Queens Roundabout was approved by the Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment, Cllr Seán Woodward.
On making his decision Cllr Woodward said: "The Queens Roundabout is an important junction serving Farnborough and Aldershot but currently experiences significant traffic congestion, particularly in peak travel times. With a number of proposed new commercial and residential developments nearby, traffic levels are set to increase so improving the Queens Roundabout will help facilitate keeping the traffic moving around Farnborough and Aldershot areas.
"One of the key challenges for economic growth is to ensure high quality transport links for businesses to enable existing firms to expand and to attract new organisations to the area. The scheme I have approved today is the result of our successful bid for just over £4m in Government funding. The improvements will help unlock economic growth by supporting the new developments, reducing congestion and improving safety for pedestrians and cyclists."
A public engagement exercise regarding the detail of the design will take place later this year.
- More NHS Health Checks in Hampshire to reduce the risk of developing diabetes
- Raising awareness of Traveller culture in Hampshire's schools
- An additional £1m to extend superfast broadband coverage to Hampshire's hardest to reach areas
- Hampshire gets ready for changes to special educational needs and disability support
- Hampshire County Council prepares ahead of national day of strikes