New Wheels For New Forest Girl Guides
Sunday, 16 Dec 2012
Girl Guides in Lymington will benefit from a new minibus thanks to a financial boost from Hampshire County Council.
At his Decision Day (13 December 2012), Leader of Hampshire County Council, Councillor Ken Thornber, awarded funding of £5,000 to Girlguiding Lymington towards the replacement of their current bus.
Girlguiding Lymington provides young girls in the local area with support from volunteer leaders, enabling them to increase their self esteem, learn new skills, and gain new experiences and friendships.
Councillor Thornber, said: "Girlguiding Lymington supports over a hundred five to 18-year-old girls, and provides them with opportunities to take part in a variety of community based volunteer projects. We are pleased to support their efforts within Hampshire and also help them to develop important skills as they prepare for adulthood."
- Hampshire area develops local framework for youth to adult transition
- Salt spreaders and snow ploughs are at the ready
- Seaside celebration of Shared Lives
- As tough budget decisions are being made for 2014/15, the County Council asks residents which services they value the most
- Go ahead for school expansions in Emsworth and Clanfield