Camberley District Open Mind Association to benefit from County Council grant
Wednesday, 20 March 2013
Camberley District Open Mind Association has been helped by a grant from Hampshire County Council.
The organisation has received £3,500 awarded by County Council Leader, Councillor Ken Thornber, at his Decision Day on 14 March.
The grant will go towards the Open Mind Club, which is a day centre for people with mental health problems and runs three days a week.
Activities provided include cards, games, table tennis and discussions. The Centre serves the Camberley district, and the surrounding Hampshire area.
County Council Leader, Councillor Ken Thornber said: "The club provides social contact for its for members which increases their self-confidence through taking part in activities. I am pleased that the County Council is able to financially support this group as it is very worthwhile, offering considerable benefits to residents of the Hampshire and the surrounding area."
- Salt spreaders and snow ploughs are at the ready
- Seaside celebration of Shared Lives
- As tough budget decisions are being made for 2014/15, the County Council asks residents which services they value the most
- Go ahead for school expansions in Emsworth and Clanfield
- Hampshire Marks Interfaith Week with Launch of 2014 Calendar