LEGO Trail builds on the success of Lego Mania
Friday, 22 March 2013
LEGO fans are in for a treat this Easter when the new LEGOMania Trail is launched across Hampshire.
Building on the continued success of LEGO®Mania 2013 at Hampshire County Council's Milestones Museum in Basingstoke, for the first time a LEGOMania Trail will run from Thursday 28 March to Sunday 9 June.
The LEGOMania Trail is a partnership project between Hampshire County Council, Southampton City Council and Winchester City Council, supported by the Arts Council.
The LEGOMania Trail will see special LEGO scale models of items associated with each site displayed at a number of attractions across the county.
The LEGOMania Trail will be at the following venues:
- Andover Museum of the Iron Age - display a LEGO Danebury Hillfort
- Westbury Manor Museum, Fareham - display a LEGO Portchester Castle
- Basing House, in Basingstoke - display of a LEGO Basing House
- Milestones, in Basingstoke - display of a LEGO Thornycroft truck
- Southampton City Arty Gallery - display of a LEGO 3D floating bridge from the painting by Laurence Stephen Lowry displayed at the gallery.
- Southampton's Tudor House Museum and Gardens - display of a LEGO Sedan Chair
- Winchester City Council Museum - display of a LEGO Roman feast
There is also the chance for talented model makers to enter a competition to win their creation displayed at one of the participating venues. The competition will be open in two categories, for 12 years and under, and 13 years and over. Participants are invited to take a photo of their favourite LEGO model and submit it online. The deadline for entry is Friday April 12.
Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Culture and Recreation, Councillor Keith Chapman, said: "LEGO®Mania has been a huge success at Milestones Museum. By working in partnership with our neighbouring authorities in Southampton and Winchester, with the support of the Arts Council, to establish The LEGOManiaTrail for the first time, we hope to provide LEGO fans with even more models to enjoy as we head towards the Summer. This is a fun way of engaging with the County's rich heritage and museums and I hope many people will visit, take part and have fun."
- Take part in the LEGO model competition and find out more about what is happening along The LEGOMania Trail
- Salt spreaders and snow ploughs are at the ready
- Seaside celebration of Shared Lives
- As tough budget decisions are being made for 2014/15, the County Council asks residents which services they value the most
- Go ahead for school expansions in Emsworth and Clanfield
- Hampshire Marks Interfaith Week with Launch of 2014 Calendar