Half-term fun along Hampshire's LEGO®Mania Trail
Friday, 24 May 2013
This Bank Holiday weekend and half term, LEGO fans are being encouraged to follow the LEGO®Mania Trail across Hampshire. From Saturday 25 May until Sunday 9 June visitors can enter a half term prize draw at any of the seven sites taking part with a chance of winning an iPod Shuffle.
Building on the success of LEGO®Mania 2013 at Hampshire County Council's Milestones Living History Museum in Basingstoke, which featured a scale model of a Thornycroft Truck on public display, for the first time a LEGO®Mania Trail is available to enjoy at various venues across the county until Sunday 9 June. Special LEGO scale models of various items associated with each site are on public display at the following locations.
- Andover Museum of the Iron Age - displaying a LEGO Danebury Hillfort
- Westbury Manor Museum, Fareham - displaying a LEGO Portchester Castle
- Basing House, in Basingstoke - displaying a LEGO Basing House
- Milestones, in Basingstoke - displaying a LEGO Thornycroft truck
- Southampton City Arty Gallery - displaying a LEGO 3D floating bridge from the painting by Laurence Stephen Lowry displayed at the gallery.
- Southampton's Tudor House Museum and Gardens - displaying a LEGO Sedan Chair
- Winchester City Council Museum - displaying a LEGO Roman feast
Adventurous LEGO lovers who manage to visit all seven sites and collect the complete set of LEGO®Mania Trail stamps have the chance to enter a further prize draw to win £150 of Lego gift vouchers.
As well as enjoying what's on offer at each venue, there is also the chance to take part in lots of fun LEGO related activities and workshops.
- Build your own LEGO mini figures
- LEGO play tables
- LEGO mini figure hunts
- Fun LEGO workshops, from LEGO animation to building a LEGO Iron Age Round House
- Take your LEGO animation home with you in a special DVD
- LEGO master classes where people can learn from the experts and take away any models they make.
Events throughout May and June
NB: The Mini Figure Trails run until the end of the event on Sunday 9 June.
25 May LEGO Goes Large masterclass at Tudor House Museum and Garden in Southampton from 10.30-12.30 and from 13.30-15.30.
27 May LEGO Masterclass at Southampton City Gallery
27 - 30 May LEGO Geocaching at Basing House
28 May LEGO Masterclass at Winchester City Museum (although taking place at Winchester Discovery Centre)
29 & 30 May LEGO Animation workshops at Tudor House & Garden
29 May LEGO Masterclass at Westbury Manor Museum
29 May Build your own Lego Roundhouse at Andover Museum
29 May LEGO Technic Workshop at Basing House
30 May LEGO Masterclass at Tudor House & Garden
30 May LEGO Mosaic workshops at Winchester City Museum (although taking place at Winchester Discovery Centre)
31 May LEGO Masterclass at Andover Museum
- Find out more about what's happening along the LEGO®Mania Trail - Book a place
The LEGO®Mania Trail is a partnership project between Hampshire County Council, Southampton City Council and Winchester City Council, supported by Arts Council England.
Image - LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. Copyright© 2013 The LEGO Group.