Bishopstoke Rail Bridge work
Friday, 268 July 2013
Essential works to replace expansion joints on Bishopstoke Bridge, which carries the B3037 Bishopstoke Road over the railway tracks by Eastleigh Station, are to begin on 3 August 2013.
To minimise disruption, work will be carried out during two weekends in August, from 11.00pm on Saturday, through Sunday to 06:00am Monday morning.
During those hours Bishopstoke Road will be closed to vehicles from the junction with Dutton Lane to the junction of the western slip roads with Station Hill. A signed diversion route for through traffic will be in place.
A safe route over the bridge for pedestrians and cyclists will be provided at all times as well as a route for Emergency Vehicles.
After consultation with the local county councillor and Eastleigh Borough Council, the essential repairs have been scheduled to take place 3 to 5 August and 10-12 August. Contingency plans are in place so that if there are any unforeseen circumstances such as adverse weather that prevent work being carried out on either of the first two weekends, work may continue to 17-19 August.
Councillor Sean Woodward, Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment, said: "The works are essential to ensure the safety of people using Bishopstoke Road. "This is a busy road with a high volume of traffic so we have tried to keep disruption to a minimum through the timing of the works. I would ask local people and businesses in advance for their understanding and patience while this vital work is carried out."
- More NHS Health Checks in Hampshire to reduce the risk of developing diabetes
- Raising awareness of Traveller culture in Hampshire's schools
- An additional £1m to extend superfast broadband coverage to Hampshire's hardest to reach areas
- Hampshire gets ready for changes to special educational needs and disability support
- Hampshire County Council prepares ahead of national day of strikes