Village Hall to benefit in Test Valley
Monday, 10 March 2014
King's Somborne Village Hall will benefit from a grant approved by Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Culture, Recreation and Countryside.
At his Decision Day on Thursday 6 March 2014, Councillor Keith Chapman awarded £20,000 to King's Somborne Village Hall, near Romsey, to refurbish the main hall. The renovation will include new lighting, wiring and renovation of the stage.
Councillor Chapman said: "Village halls and community associations are a valuable asset in every local area and vital in providing an activity hub that brings together local people of all ages.
"The County Council's contributions enable improvements to be made to buildings, equipment and facilities, which helps to ensure that they continue their valuable work within the community."
- More NHS Health Checks in Hampshire to reduce the risk of developing diabetes
- Raising awareness of Traveller culture in Hampshire's schools
- An additional £1m to extend superfast broadband coverage to Hampshire's hardest to reach areas
- Hampshire gets ready for changes to special educational needs and disability support
- Hampshire County Council prepares ahead of national day of strikes