Village Hall to benefit in Winchester
Monday, 10 March 2014
The Denmead Community Association, near Winchester, will benefit from a grant approved by Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Culture, Recreation and Countryside.
At his Decision Day on Thursday 6 March 2014, Councillor Keith Chapman awarded £4,290 to Denmead Community Association to replace all the windows.
Councillor Chapman said: "Village halls and community associations are a valuable asset in every local area and vital in providing an activity hub that brings together local people of all ages.
"The County Council's contributions enable improvements to be made to buildings, equipment and facilities, which helps to ensure that they continue their valuable work within the community."
- Share your views on the future of Hampshire's youth support services
- Innovative changes to be made to Hampshire's Household Waste and Recycling Centres
- Leading a step-change in health and social care services in Hampshire
- A tasty new mix for Hampshire's 'million' school meals
- Hampshire Ready for Winter