Village Hall to benefit in Winchester
Monday, 10 March 2014
The Denmead Community Association, near Winchester, will benefit from a grant approved by Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Culture, Recreation and Countryside.
At his Decision Day on Thursday 6 March 2014, Councillor Keith Chapman awarded £4,290 to Denmead Community Association to replace all the windows.
Councillor Chapman said: "Village halls and community associations are a valuable asset in every local area and vital in providing an activity hub that brings together local people of all ages.
"The County Council's contributions enable improvements to be made to buildings, equipment and facilities, which helps to ensure that they continue their valuable work within the community."
- Raising awareness of Traveller culture in Hampshire's schools
- An additional £1m to extend superfast broadband coverage to Hampshire's hardest to reach areas
- Hampshire gets ready for changes to special educational needs and disability support
- Hampshire County Council prepares ahead of national day of strikes
- Hampshire's Chairman learns ukulele for world record