Village Halls to benefit in the New Forest
Monday, 10 March 2014
Four village halls and community associations in the New Forest will benefit from grants approved by Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Culture, Recreation and Countryside.
At his Decision Day on Thursday 6 March 2014, Councillor Keith Chapman awarded:
- £16,810 to Brockenhurst Village Hall Trust, to go towards the resurfacing of the car park.
- £24,000 to Hale Village Hall, for renovation work to bring it up to current standards of safety and efficiency.
- £25,000 to Lymington Community Centre for the installation of high-efficiency gas boilers
- £9,900 to Ringwood and District Community Association towards renovations, refurbishments and boiler replacements.
Councillor Chapman said: "Village halls and community associations are a valuable asset in every local area, and vital in providing an activity hub that brings together local people of all ages.
"The County Council's contributions enable improvements to be made to buildings, equipment and facilities, which helps to ensure that they continue their valuable work within the community."
- More NHS Health Checks in Hampshire to reduce the risk of developing diabetes
- Raising awareness of Traveller culture in Hampshire's schools
- An additional £1m to extend superfast broadband coverage to Hampshire's hardest to reach areas
- Hampshire gets ready for changes to special educational needs and disability support
- Hampshire County Council prepares ahead of national day of strikes