More than £85,000 in grant funding to secure dance excellence across Hampshire
Monday, 10 March 2014
Two dance organisations have been commissioned to deliver Hampshire County Council's New Dimensions in Dance strategy.
At his decision day on Thursday 6 March, Councillor Keith Chapman, Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Culture, Recreation and Countryside, awarded a total of £85,830 to Dance Up based in Havant and The Point in Eastleigh.
The New Dimensions in Dance framework aims to enable more dance groups across Hampshire to have the chance to apply for financial support from Hampshire County Council in the future, as part of proposals for a revised grant application process.
The framework was approved by Cllr Chapman last year. He said: "Dance, as part of the wider arts and museums sector, also has an important role in supporting local and economic wellbeing in Hampshire. The County Council is keen to target its investment to inspire innovation and creativity in the way dance opportunities are provided to all Hampshire residents. By working with our partners as part of our new strategy, we want to be able to provide people, whether they are beginners or more advanced dancers, with even more opportunities to get dancing in future."
- Homes for children fit for the 21st Century
- Share your views on the future of Hampshire's youth support services
- Innovative changes to be made to Hampshire's Household Waste and Recycling Centres
- Leading a step-change in health and social care services in Hampshire
- A tasty new mix for Hampshire's 'million' school meals