Solent Transport - delivering strategic transport projects
Tuesday, 18 March 2014
Solent Transport is the new name for the Transport for South Hampshire and Isle of Wight partnership.
The re-branding of the local authority partnership will make the area of operations clearer for residents, businesses and transport operators and better reflect the strategic transport work that will continue to take place in the Solent area.
To date the Partnership has helped secure funding to deliver projects such as the Bus Rapid Transport scheme in Fareham, The Local Sustainable Transport Fund and Better Bus Area Fund.
Solent Transport will continue to work closely with the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership, Highways Agency, Network Rail, South Hampshire Bus Operators Association and other parties, to plan and deliver future improvements such as the links between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Chair of Solent Transport, Councillor Seán Woodward, said: "Changing the name of the partnership to Solent Transport provides a much simpler and clearer identity to promote the fantastic work of the partnership."
The partnership includes the four statutory highway and transport authorities of Hampshire County Council, Portsmouth City Council, Southampton City Council and Isle of Wight Council.
- More NHS Health Checks in Hampshire to reduce the risk of developing diabetes
- Raising awareness of Traveller culture in Hampshire's schools
- An additional £1m to extend superfast broadband coverage to Hampshire's hardest to reach areas
- Hampshire gets ready for changes to special educational needs and disability support
- Hampshire County Council prepares ahead of national day of strikes