New Conference Bureau for Hampshire
Monday, 09 June 2014
Hampshire County Council in partnership with Destination Southampton has launched a dedicated bureau, showcasing a full range of conference, meeting and event facilities to entice more people to Hampshire.
The Bureau offers a professional and cost effective venue finding service and is being managed by the team behind Southampton's successful conference bureau, Destination Southampton. The county bureau will market Hampshire and its key towns and cities on-line and at major meeting industry exhibitions and events.
The Bureau will promote areas such as Southampton, Portsmouth, Basingstoke, Winchester, New Forest, Andover and Farnborough, which all offer an abundance of inspiring and exclusive venues and have excellent international and domestic transport links, particularly to the key London market.
Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment, Councillor Seán Woodward, said: "Hampshire has great potential to benefit from more business conferences, meetings and events and the launch of the new Hampshire Conference Bureau in partnership with Destination Southampton Ltd will enable us to promote a wider range of our county venues to key national and international audiences and help grow our £3billion tourism economy."
Shirley Pinn, Managing Director of Destination Southampton, said: "Destination Southampton is delighted to be working with Hampshire County Council and very much looking forward to working with the fantastic range of venues in the county to promote Hampshire collaboratively as a premium destination for all business events and conferences."
- For more information visit the Hampshire Conference Bureau or talk to us on twitter at @Hantsconference
- Raising awareness of Traveller culture in Hampshire's schools
- An additional £1m to extend superfast broadband coverage to Hampshire's hardest to reach areas
- Hampshire gets ready for changes to special educational needs and disability support
- Hampshire County Council prepares ahead of national day of strikes
- Hampshire's Chairman learns ukulele for world record