Improving Access to Fareham and Gosport Public Consultation
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
As measures to tackle traffic congestion in Fareham and Gosport progress, a second public consultation has been launched for residents and commuters to comment on the detailed plans.
The consultation is open from Monday 9 June, until Monday 4 August. Questionnaires can be found online, at a local library or at one of the public exhibitions.
A series of public exhibitions will be touring around Fareham and Gosport so that people can talk through the plans with the County Council and decide if they agree with the preferred schemes which have been chosen following feedback from the first public consultation, and an assessment of issues and options.
The consultation features proposals on:
- Stubbington Bypass (the preferred route linking Titchfield gyratory and Titchfield Road to Gosport Road and Peel Common roundabout
- Newgate Lane south (improving links to Peel Common roundabout)
- Peel Common Roundabout
- A27 Segensworth to Fareham
The need to improve access to the Fareham and Gosport Peninsula is a key priority for Hampshire County Council and the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP). Congestion and journey time reliability is a real problem in this area and improving the transport network will undoubtedly encourage new investment and development into the area, providing new jobs for local people.
Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment, Councillor Seán Woodward, said: "Alleviating the traffic congestion in this area has been one of my top priorities and I am pleased progress is coming along at a good pace. This round of consultation will show residents our preferred options based on what they have told us before. It will give people a chance to show their support, raise concerns and suggest improvements as we wait for confirmation of funding and before any work begins.
"I'm very keen to hear what people have to say about our plans for the four major schemes: Stubbington Bypass, Newgate Lane South, Peel Common Roundabout and A27 improvements, and I would encourage as many people as possible to visit one of our exhibitions."
Exhibitions will be held at:
- Monday 9 June, 1-6pm, Crofton Community Centre, Stubbington
- Wednesday 11 June, 3-8pm, Titchfield Community Centre
- Friday 13 June, 2-7pm, Lee-on-the-Solent Community Centre
- Monday 16 June, 4-7pm, Fareham Academy
- Thursday 19 June, 2-7.30pm, Royal Sovereign Pavilion, Newgate Lane
- Saturday 21 June, 10am-4pm, Crofton Community Centre, Stubbington
- Tuesday 24 June, 4-7pm, Fareham Academy
- Wednesday 25 June, 3-8pm, Titchfield Community Centre
- Monday 30 June, 4-8pm, Peel Common Junior School
The proposals will also be on display throughout the consultation period at the following locations (these will be unmanned):
- Gosport Discovery Centre
- Fareham Library
- Stubbington Library
- Lee-on-the-Solent Library
- Locks Heath Library
Feedback from the consultation will be reported to the Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment, Cllr Seán Woodward, during the Autumn, where a decision will be made regarding whether or not the improvement schemes should be progressed.
- Farnborough Library set to transform into a new community hub
- Celebrating Dementia Awareness Week - Hampshire takes big strides forward to becoming dementia friendly
- Operation Resilience works to start in Barton on Sea
- Showing appreciation for Hampshire's good neighbours
- Join the Smart living revolution