Save time and burn calories by signing up to My Journey's travel pledge
Monday, 16 June 2014
This summer, Hampshire residents will have the opportunity to swap one of their daily car journeys for walking, cycling, using public transport or car sharing with friends and family.
Residents who take the My Journey Pledge could not only potentially save time and money and get fitter, they will also have the chance to win a fantastic new bike!
The Pledge campaign is part of the wider My Journey project which is funded by the Department for Transport's Local Sustainable Transport fund. One of the aims of the project is to reduce congestion on the roads and by making a pledge residents can help contribute to lower CO2 emissions, making Hampshire a nicer place to live and work.
To find out what the alternative travel options are visit My Journey Hampshire to compare journey times, costs, calories burnt and carbon points saved.
Councillor Seán Woodward, Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment commented: " We welcome every opportunity to reduce congestion on our roads to ensure that Hampshire continues to be a great place to live and work. I would encourage everyone to consider how they travel, and think about making a pledge big or small."
Everyone making a pledge will be entered into a prize draw to win a new bike worth £250.
Residents can either pledge online, or come along to one of the My Journey events over the summer to find out more. The My Journey team will be at Andover Carnival on Sunday July 20, Marwell Zoo on Saturday 16 August and at the Winchester Cycle fest on Sunday 17 August.
- New camping 'pods' to benefit service personnel, veterans and their families
- County Council aims to build on close working with the Church of England to help vulnerable residents
- Hampshire communities encouraged to roll up their sleeves and get behind nationwide spring clean
- More people taking up their Hampshire Health Check
- Success for bid to fund social work innovation in Hampshire and Isle of Wight