You are hereHantsweb Home

Sir Harold Hillier Gardens

Jermyn's House

Jermyns House

When Sir Harold moved into Jermyn's House the land around it was mainly fields and paddocks, all quickly used for nursery production, so it is understandable that he planted some of his treasured possessions close to the house. The lawn at the side of the house was his private garden and here he planted the yew hedge to give privacy, as well as many other trees including Metasequoia glyptostroboides, from the original batch of seeds received by the Arnold Arboretum from China and distributed in 1948.

The rooms inside Jermyn's House are used as the Gardens' administration offices, as well as a conference venue, and for marriage civil ceremonies,civil partnerships, naming ceremonies, private functions, funeral receptions.

The lawn next to the house is by a superb location for wedding and private hire function marquees, and also for the summer Jermyn's House Tea Rooms (which also utilise the Queen's Room on the ground floor of the house).