Self-guided groups of young people
Not everyone needs a tour guide and small groups of students are very welcome to come self-guided, but must pre-book. Please understand that we are a registered charity and cannot waive admission prices to our site.
Primary and pre-schools must come as a guided group.
Uniformed Groups – Rainbows, Brownies, Beavers, Cubs, etc.
A perfect setting to bring your pack for a guided tour as part of outdoor interest badge like Wildlife Explorers or Seasons.
Activities could include pond dipping or mini-beast hunting, becoming a nature detective by identifying tracks or signs of animals and discovering trees from around the world. Our education department can custom design your trip at the gardens to suit your pack, or you can come self-guided.
Price and availability
- Up to 19 years in full time education £2.50 per student
- Older groups in full time education £4.75 per student (rising to £5.05 on 1 April 2017)
- Available for our normal opening times. Allow 15 minutes for collection before closing
- A £20 booking fee applies for each day you bring a group.
- Prices do not include VAT. HCC LEA schools will not be charged VAT.
- Guided group fees include access to the Education Centre, but self-guided fees do not.
Sir Harold Hillier Gardens
Jermyns Lane, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0QA
tel. 01794 369317/318 (lines open all week, 10am – 4pm)
You will receive an automated reply to your submission, but this may take a few minutes.