How to join
Hog the Limelight can help a maximum of 50 villages a year to hold professional arts events in their communities. If you would like to join the scheme (or add your village to the waiting list if there are no spaces available), please fill in our Village Application Form.
How it works
We pay an agreed subsidy towards each performance up to a set amount per village, per season. This is currently £650 but varies each season depending on the funding available. Subsidies for events marked Extra in the programme (usually children’s shows and more unusual shows) will be in addition to this amount.
Once you have submitted your Village Application Form, we will contact you and let you know if there is space on the current season. If there is, we will send you a programme menu so you can choose your events. Once you have received this, the scheme works as follows:
- Book the events you would like from the programme directly with the artists.
- Send in your completed booking form and you will be sent confirmation of your funding. (If the funding exceeds the set amount for the season, the subsidies will be adjusted accordingly).
- You will also be sent overprinted labels using your booking form information where the artists provide the publicity and with posters and flyers where they do not.
- Your events will also be entered on our online listings page.
- Pay the artists following the performance.
- Send a completed feedback form, copy of the artists’ invoice and invoice from your venue for the subsidy amount and your payment will be released.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss joining the scheme or would like any further information.