PE and School Sport Partnership website
These pages are for Hampshire schools wishing to share and seek information, access advice or book courses.
The Partnership will build on the strengths of the former Hampshire School Sports Partnerships and include representatives from:
- Primary and Secondary Headteachers
- Subject Leaders
- School Sports Partnerships (School Games Organisers)
- Hampshire School Sports Federation
- The County Sports Partnership
- The Local Authority
- Hampshire Colleges' Sports Association (Post 16)
The role of the Partnership is to:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the Hampshire PE and School Sport Strategy.
- Give advice and support to the Hampshire Strategic Heads group.
- Provide,with partners, a needs-led programme of CPD courses for all teachers, including safety courses and annual conferences.
- Give support for the Hampshire School Sports Federation.
- In collaboration with the HSSF, co-ordinate the 'School Games Initiative' to create a comprehensive programme of appropriate competitions and representative pathways.
- Link to national governing bodies of sport through the County Sport Partnership.
School Sports Partnerships
In Hampshire, there are 10 School Sports Partnerships (SSPs) and one in each of the unitary authorities of Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. All schools across all phases are part of a SSP. These partnerships aim to improve the quantity and quality of PE and sports undertaken by young people.
PE and School Sport News
This Girl Can
The Youth Sport Trust have developed a simple action planning framework to help teachers and girls work together to address the issues of keeping girls in physical activity. Schools can access a self review, agree three actions to help drive a difference then be given access to the Girls Active brand. As one teacher involved in the pilot commented; " It's all about boosting self esteem and confidence and making them want to go out and enjoy the activities themselves".
Free App to get your school on the Road to Rio 2016
A new free app has just launched for iOS and Android. You can also use the Get Set website if you don't have access to a mobile or tablet.
Your team can try different sports and physical activities to earn badges, using the app to keep track of their 9298km journey to Rio de Janeiro.
- Hampshire School Sports Federation (including HSSF Yearbook)