PE and School Sport Partnership website
These pages are for Hampshire schools wishing to share and seek information, access advice or book courses.
The Partnership will build on the strengths of the former Hampshire School Sports Partnerships and include representatives from:
- Primary and Secondary Headteachers
- Subject Leaders
- School Sports Partnerships (School Games Organisers)
- Hampshire School Sports Federation
- The County Sports Partnership
- The Local Authority
- Hampshire Colleges' Sports Association (Post 16)
The role of the Partnership is to:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the Hampshire PE and School Sport Strategy.
- Give advice and support to the Hampshire Strategic Heads group.
- Provide,with partners, a needs-led programme of CPD courses for all teachers, including safety courses and annual conferences.
- Give support for the Hampshire School Sports Federation.
- In collaboration with the HSSF, co-ordinate the 'School Games Initiative' to create a comprehensive programme of appropriate competitions and representative pathways.
- Link to national governing bodies of sport through the County Sport Partnership.
School Sports Partnerships
In Hampshire, there are 10 School Sports Partnerships (SSPs) and one in each of the unitary authorities of Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. All schools across all phases are part of a SSP. These partnerships aim to improve the quantity and quality of PE and sports undertaken by young people.
PE and School Sport News
Former Hampshire pupil trains with England team
Former Brighton Hill School, Basingstoke pupil Dom Solanke has been training with the England Senior team. A great achievement for the 17 year old.
Cross Country Success!
Hampshire Schools Cross Country team were overall champions at the National Inter-Counties Cross Country Championships on 14th March 2015. A fantastic achievement as 45 countries were competing.
ESAA 2015 Results 21 kB
Also congratulations to the Eastleigh, Winchester & District teams who won all 4 age groups at the HSAA XC Championships last weekend.
In other Cross Country news, congratulations to Mahamed Mahamed who became National Cross Country champion at the end of February. Mahamed was a recipient of an MAH award in November so it's great to hear of his success. Mahamed's brother Zach was also successful as the winner in the Under-15 age group.
Peter Symonds student - Rugby success
Congratulations to Joe Marchant, captain of rugby at Peter Symonds College, Winchester for his match winning try for England U20s against Ireland U20s last week. Joe won the Michael Austin Harlick Outstanding Sportsperson award for rugby at the 2013 HSSF Annual School's Sports Awards so it is wonderful to see him doing so well.
Free App to get your school on the Road to Rio 2016
A new free app has just launched for iOS and Android. You can also use the Get Set website if you don't have access to a mobile or tablet.
Your team can try different sports and physical activities to earn badges, using the app to keep track of their 9298km journey to Rio de Janeiro.
- Hampshire School Sports Federation (including HSSF Yearbook)