All locations served have been allocated a specific Courier Code. This consists of a 2 letter prefix followed by a number. It is essential that ALL mail carry this number which refers to the Courier route and destination location ;
eg.Andover War Memorial Hospital – CG 85 ( Courier Route G, mail point 85 ).
The Potteries, Wickham – CC 102 ( Courier Route C, mail point 102 ).
By using these Code Numbers you will speed up the sorting and delivery of all mail sent.
Offices which are not directly served by the Courier Service but are nevertheless near a location that is covered can arrange, by prior arrangement with that location, to have mail delivered their. Please note that the Courier Service will not notify the addressee of delivery.
Rules for the use of the Courier Service
- This is a mail only service.
- Couriers have been instructed not to wait for any mail.
- All mail MUST be clearly addressed – this must consist of a name, destination location and Courier Code.
- All mail must be in envelopes or plastic mail pouches etc. If this is not possible please ensure that is securely bundled with elastic bands or string. All mail must be clearly labelled with the destination address and Courier Code.
- If bulky, unusual items or large volumes of materials need to be carried, prior arrangements must be made with the Courier Service. This can be done by using either the telephone numbers given below or by using the e-mail address supplied. Please be aware that there maybe a separate charge for these items.
- Mail must be pre-sorted by route, delivery point and department. Any mail that is intended for schools or groups of schools must be sorted into separate Courier routes, the details of which can be obtained from the Courier Service.
- When re-using old envelopes please ensure that all previous addresses are deleted.
- When using plastic mail pouches please ensure that address labels are correctly positioned and show the intended destination address.
- Mail for main offices must clearly show the intended department as well as the destination location address.
- Missing items maybe traced with the assistance of the Courier Service office.
Courier Service contacts
tel 01962 873950
Courier Service Manager
John M. Franks
tel 07793 757744
Courier Service Supervisor
tel 07793 757745
6am – 3.30pm
6am – 3pm