Household waste and recycling
- Recycling centres consultation: have your say New June 2014
- Find your nearest Recycling Centre
- Apply for a Waste Permit on line
- Find your nearest bottle banks and other recycling facilities (Recycle Now website)
- Composting your kitchen waste
Doorstep bin collection
Your local district or borough council is responsible for collecting rubbish from your home. Waste and recycling collections vary between districts.
Report litter and dumping
- Report a fly-tipping problem
- Report a litter problem
- Report an abandoned vehicle
- Report animal fouling/dog dirt
Businesses are responsible for disposing of their own waste. Some district councils offer a paid-for waste collection service, or you can pay a waste management company or find a local organisation that can recycle your waste.
Our Recycling Centres cannot accept commercial or business waste.