Onsite Technician Service
Onsite technical support and assistance as a series of regular term time visits. Schools can either subscribe to 40, 20 or 10 visits a year. Every effort will be made to ensure that the same experienced and fully trained Hampshire IT technician undertakes each visit, so that they can build up an understanding of your school's infrastructure and IT development plans.
The service will assist IT co-ordinators, administrators and Headteachers with the day-to-day management of maintaining an efficient IT system. Whether it’s a networked or standalone system the Onsite Technician will be able to operate in both administrative and curriculum IT areas.
The specific school requirements will be agreed at the start of each visit to ensure that control remains with the school. However, they will typically include:
- checks that school IT infrastructure is configured in line with Hampshire IT standards
- general network administration and upkeep (eg setup/delete user accounts, file/folder permissions, etc.)
- monitoring version status of core application software and upgrade or recommend upgrade as appropriate
- ensuring that Virus Protection software is fully up to date
- ensuring that correct Microsoft service packs are installed
- check and support of local user profiles
- undertaking simple hardware moves and changes (eg additional RAM install, etc.)
- general IT housekeeping like removal of temporary files, etc.
- ensuring that all local backups are correctly configured, tested and working
- fitting consumables as required (eg printer cartridges, etc).
Our service definition 73kb document has more details about the Onsite Technicians. This outlines exactly what the service covers, how much it costs, and so on.
Our Consultants would be happy to discuss the service with you; please fill in this enquiry form and they wil be in touch. There's no obligation to buy the service.
For general queries, or to order the service, contact the IT Help Desk on 01962 847007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wolverdene Special School think it is great to have someone on-site who knows what they are doing.
Manor Infants report that having an Onsite Technician has freed up time for other school staff and has saved money because the technician was able to suggest better working arrangements and mend old equipment.
For urgent issues, call the IT Service Desk on 01962 847007. For anything else, see our contact page.