Hampshire County Councils’ Mailing list system "Mailman" allows groups of people with a common interest to create a single mailing list to communicate with each other via email.
Each mailing list is set up for the dissemination of emails on a particular topic. This allows people to subscribe to a particular list in the knowledge that the discussions will be of interest to them.
Features and Benefits
- Account and full log on details for list administrator.
- Automatically updated Web page providing archive of the emails posted to the list.
- Administrator can manage list settings and list membership.
The mailing list service is for groups of people with a common interest to create a single mailing list to communicate with each other via email.
Customers will need
- Access to a PC
- Internet connection
- Web browser to manage the mailing list
- A valid email account
- IT Services will create an account for the list administrator and provide full log on details. The administrator will then be responsible for subscribing addresses as required and maintaining the list.
- The administrator account allows the customer to manage the lists and modify them as required.
- Mailman automatically creates a web page which holds an archive of the emails posted to the list, providing easy access to the contents of previous messages. The archives can be sorted according to either date, subject, author or thread, providing easy access to the posts.
- IT Services will remove any lists that are no longer required from the system.
The service excludes the following
- The customer's Internet connection
- The customer's PC and associated equipment
- The customer's email account
Pricing and Lead-times - 2012/2013
|Mailing List||INT06||£126pa||20 days|
The service price includes an average of 1 hour support by telephone.
Services are monitored and prices are kept under review.
One year minimum contract, automatically renewable annually unless user requests cancellation.
Early Termination and Charges
No refunds are payable if the contract is terminated early, the contract charge is for a full year.
Once the Mailing List has been set up by IT Services, an email will be sent to the customer containing log-in details.
How to Order
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and confirm by fax or post
Room 308 Elizabeth II Court
The Castle, Winchester SO23 8US
fax 01962 847434
When placing their order customers will need to provide the following
- Valid email address of the designated administrator of the Mailing List