Land Charges

Land Charges

A Land Charges search is usually performed when buying or leasing land or property. A solicitor would usually request a search for a buyer using standard forms LLC1 (Search of Local Land Charges register) and CON29 (Enquiries of Local Authority) submitted to the District Council. Fees are payable to the District Borough for this service.

Hampshire County Council is the Highway Authority for the 11 districts of Hampshire. This does not include Portsmouth and Southampton, please contact Portsmouth and Southampton city councils for highways matters relating to those areas. Please also note that the Highways Agency is responsible for all motorways and trunk roads.

Hampshire County Council is required to supply the information for these forms particularly relating to highway matters and public rights of way.

For further information about this and related services please click on the appropriate column to the left.

Contact Us

By email

By post

Land Charge Searches
Hampshire County Council
The Castle
SO23 8UD