Equality and Diversity Training
All staff need to understand the Council’s obligations to our service users and our colleagues under the Equality Act 2010. The Public Sector Equality Duty places further requirements on us to have due regard with the need to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Act;
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it; and
- foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
The Equality and Diversity ‘agenda’ covers a wide range of issues beyond Equality Act definitions of protected characteristics, types of discrimination and harassment. It includes social cohesion, inclusion, fairness, dignity, respect and Human Rights legislation.
Our professionally qualified trainers have many years of experience delivering Equality and Diversity training, consultancy and support for various public bodies, private sector companies, voluntary sector organisations and charities.
Focus is on understanding and application of the guiding principles of Equality and Diversity in the context of which staff operate rather than learning definitions and lists of do’s and don’ts.
We design and deliver training across the complete Equality and Diversity spectrum including the following:
- Exploring diversity
- Managing diversity
- Diverse customer needs
- Equality Impact Assessment
- ‘Train the trainer’ Equality and Diversity
- Disability awareness
We use a student-centred approach with a mixture of interactive quizzes, real-world case studies, discussion and challenge. Courses can be accessed on-line, attended on a pay-by-place basis, block-booked as a team event, or delivered by flexible arrangement. All courses can be tailored to suit different needs.
Please email Hampshire Learning Centre with ‘Equality & Diversity' as the subject title or telephone 01962 833028 for more information.