Hantsnet Passport is used to access an existing Hantsnet account from your home PC or a remote site. When logged in, you can use of all the features of the Hantsnet desktop, Microsoft Office applications, HantsFile and the I and F drives (you cannot access software or files stored on a local office PC).
If you would like to request access to Passport, make sure you have the following first:
- a Hantsnet userID and password
- a computer running Windows XP/Vista/7, complete with Antivirus, firewall and anti-spyware applications as a minimum for security
- an internet connection, broadband recommended.*
See the service catalogue on Hantsnet for more information.
First time users
See support for Passport (includes a troubleshooting guide and FAQs).
NEWS: Do you use Windows 8/8.1 or Internet Explorer 10/11?
Hantsnet Passport does not currently support these systems - if you are using:
- Windows 8 - use the following link to access Passport - Passport for Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10.
- Windows 8.1- we are currently working with developers on a solution, in the meantime you can try using Internet Explorer’s Compatibility View.
- Internet Explorer 10 - use the following link to access Passport - Passport for Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 11 - this browser is not currently supported, use 'compatibility view' (click on Tools, and select Compatibility View).
See also further information on Windows 8 device or IE10 on Windows 7
* The use of Passport at home will use resources and does download information in a similar way to any other form of web browsing - if you have limited download capacity on your broadband contract and you work for extended lengths of time on Passport, it may cost extra on your contract which you will not be able to reclaim (as Hampshire do not require that you work at home). If this is the case, you may want to consider reviewing the type of broadband access you have if you want to work at home via Passport.