Hantsnet Wireless - Guest access
If you have a visitor who needs access to the internet, they can use guest access to Hantsnet Wireless.
Hantsnet Wireless provides wireless hotspots which allow you to connect wirelessly to the internet.
Can I use Hantsnet Wireless guest access?
To access the internet with guest access you will need:
to be near a Wireless Hotspot
have access to a computer, laptop or mobile device with a browser and wireless capability
a guest user ID and password (these are changed weekly).
The coverage of Hantsnet Wireless service is increasing, the locations are shown below.
- Chantry House - 2nd floor meeting area
- Chineham library - ground floor office
- Milestones Museum
- Library - Staff Office, First Floor
- Chandlers Ford Library
- Hampshire House - 4th floor
- Fareham Library - 1st Floor Public Area
- Local Education Office - Connexions Office, 1st floor
- Gosport Discovery Centre - Training room and all public areas
- Petersfield Library - 2nd floor office and meeting rooms.
- Ringwood library - ground floor office
- Hilliers Arboretum - Magnolia, Maple and Cedar Rooms
- Romsey Library
- Capital House - All Floors
- Mottisfont Court - 2nd Floor
- Castle Avenue - Garrat Room
- Ell Court (see below)
- Montgomery House -·Trading Standards Offices
- Discovery Centre
- County Supplies - Unit 3
- Chilcomb House - building 4
- Hampshire Records Office - Cinema
- Three Minsters - Rm 108
- Monument House - Whole Building
- Maths Centre - Whole Building
Winchester Ell Court South
- Students Grants Post Room
- 1st Floor - Wellington Room
- 2nd Floor - Room 229
- 3rd Floor - Room 320
- 4th Floor - Room 403 and 408
Winchester Ell Court West
- All Floors
- Emergency Planning
Winchester Ell Court North
- All Floors
Connect to network
The following instructions cover how to connect to the wireless network for a laptop or netbook. If you want to connect with a PDA or smartphone you may have to look at the settings area in your device to view the wireless networks available.
Switch on the laptop or netbook and make sure that wireless is switched on
Your device will search for wireless networks and you will see a message similar to the one below
Click on the message and a list of the networks that are available will be displayed
Click on g_wireless to select it and then on Connect
If you see the message below, click on Connect Anyway (don’t worry, your session will be secure as you still need to enter a password to view data, see Login)
You will now be connected to the guest wireless network, see the following pages for information on logging in to the network.
If you want to access the internet using guest access for Hantsnet Wireless you need a username and password to login.
The username and password can be found in Hantsnet on the Wireless Guest Access Passwords page (someone with access to Hantsnet will need to get this for you, ask someone in the building or at reception for this).
Please note that the password is changed weekly.
See the next page for information on how to login.
After connecting to the guest wireless network, open your browser
As soon as you try to open a website you will see the following screen
Type in the guest User ID and Password (see Password)