Computers in Libraries
All our Libraries have computer facilities providing access to the Internet, web based email and Microsoft Office applications.
Free WiFi access is also available in all libraries.
Who can use the computers?
- If you have a Hampshire Library card you have fast-track access to the computers and can log on using your card number and PIN.
- If you do not have a card ask library staff about joining.
- Children aged 7 and under are welcome but must have a parent or carer aged over 16 with them whilst using Go Online computers.
- Children and young people aged 8-15 years can use a Go online computer independently once a form is signed by a parent or carer
- See conditions of use
Do I need to book?
- Busy libraries operate a booking system for anyone with a library card. We advise you to book ahead but if there is a computer available you can use it immediately, without booking.
- Telephone 0845 603 5631 or ask staff in the library
- You can also book a future session while using a library computer - click the icon on the desktop
- See booking conditions
How do I log on?
- Type your library card number (including the B) or guest account number into the first box of the login screen.
- Type in your password in the second box. If you have a library card use your PIN as the password
- On the acceptable use policy screen:Click button against ‘I have read and accept the usage policy as given below’
- Click continue.
- All libraries have a large print keyboard and a tracker ball mouse
What can I use the computers for?
- access to the Internet and to web-based email (Internet Explorer 9)
- Microsoft Office software: Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Paint, Publisher and Picture
- scanning, printing and downloading.
- saving to USB
- viewing documents saved on a CD
- colour printing - 10p for b/w and 40p for colour
Additional software installed on the computers
- 7-Zip v9.20
- Adobe Flash Player 11.0 Active X
- Adobe Reader XI
- Citrix XA6.5
- Office 2010
- MS Works 6-9 Convertor
- Netloan 5.0
- OverDrive Media Console 3.2.20
- Paint.net v3.5.11
- XnView 1.99