Fleet Library and Learning Centre
News and events
Learning in Libraries
Courses and Workshops in Hampshire Libraries
Customised maps suitable for planning applications. Charges apply.
Online Library Services
Reserve and renew
Use the online service to reserve an item or renew your loans
Search for books, DVDs and CDs and login to your account
eBooks and audiobooks
Free downloads to your portable device or to read online
Free access to subscription websites. Hampshire library card required.
Join the library
Join online today and reserve items straight away!
Sign up to get our regular newsletter
Keep in touch with all the latest events
Local Studies at Fleet Library and Learning Centre
The Local Studies section is housed on open shelves in the library. Maps are stored in a map cabinet behind the enquiry desk and can only be accessed with the help of a librarian. The collection covers the area of Hart District as well as Aldershot and Farnborough and is sited in the Heritage Zone on the First Floor of Fleet Library.
Newspapers & Periodicals
- Bound copies of Fleet News for 1908, 1909, 1912, 1914-1917.
- All Saints Parish Magazines 1966 to date
- Basingstoke Canal News 1995 to date
- Basingstoke Archaeological and Historical Society Newsletters 1986 to date
- Blackwater Valley Newsletters 1999-2001
- Catholic Ancestor Magazine, 1989-2004
- Christ Church (Church Crookham) Parish Magazines, 1985-2010 (kept in stack)
- Crondall Society Newsletters 1991-2003
- Crookham Village Association Newsletters 1969-2002
- English Catholic Ancestor Journal 1983-1989
- Farnham and District Museum Society Journal 1980 to date
- Fleet and Crookham Local History Group Newsletters 1986 to date
- Fleet Pond Society Newsletters 1992 to date
- French Ancestor, Journal of Anglo-French Family History Society 1993-2001
- Hampshire County Magazine 1963 to date
- Hampshire Family Historian 1992-2001
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Butterfly/Moth Reports 1989-1997
- Hampshire Bird Reports 1994, 1997-1999, 2003-2007
- Hartley Row Journal 1983-1990
- Hook Local History Group Newsletters 1989 to date
- Local Studies News, 1998 to date
- Odiham Society Journal 1987 to date
- Odiham Parish Magazines 1984-1990
- Parbate – a magazine for Ghurkha Soldiers at Queen Elizabeth Barracks 1996-2002
- Recusant History Oct 1966, Jan, Apr 1970, Jan1971
- Yateley Society Newsletters 1986-1999
Directories and Registers
- Bound copies of the Electoral Register for Fleet, Crookham area 1962-1974
- Hart District Electoral Register 1974-2004
Maps and photographs
- Ordnance survey maps for Fleet, Crookham and Church Crookham, and Winchfield, 6” to one mile and 25” to one mile from 1896-1940
- Partial index of streets
- Goad Plans for 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- Definitive Map of Public Rights of Way
Census and International Genealogical Index
- 1881 Census index for Hampshire on microfiche
- International Genealogical Index 1992 edition on microfiche
- Various local parishes. Please check Parish registers in Hampshire for details.
- The Hart Local Plan 1996-2006 and Hart District (Replacement) Local Plan
- Elvetham Heath Design Brief 1999 and Updates 2000-2001
- Draft Southwood Local Plan 1981
- FleetTown Centre Local Plans 1971, 1986
- BlackwaterValley Joint Landscape Study 1976
- BlackwaterValley Recreation Strategy 1987
- BlackwaterValley Strategy 1993-1998
- BlackwaterRiver Catchment Final Plan 1984
- Hart District Council Urban Housing Capacity Study Final report 2002
- Hart Chamber of Commerce Directory of members 1993,1995
- Farnborough Aerodrome, Local Plan Review 1994
- Minutes of Farnborough Aerodrome Consultative Committee 2006-2007
- Papers relating to planning application for Queen Elizabeth Barracks 2000
Copy of agenda and minutes for forthcoming Hart District Council meetings are kept on open shelves.
Minutes of previous meeting may be viewed at Hart Council Offices which are next door to the library.
Fleet and Crookham Local History Group
Fleet Library hosts themed historical displays in two glass cabinets in the heritage zone. The group has also provided two shelves of binders of research work/information on Fleet and Crookham which may be consulted at the library.
- Full transcripts of the 1841-1911 census returns for Fleet and Crookham.
- Partial transcripts of Fleet and Crookham parish registers.
- Copies of directories
Topic files such as schools, breweries, Brake Estates, cemeteries, tobacco growing etc.
A full list of the topic files can be found on their web site at www.fclhg.hampshire.org.uk
- public computers
- free internet
- colour printing
- Latitude Mapping Service
- Fiche reader - please tel 01252 612709 to check availability
- photocopying - black and white, colour, A4, A3 and double-sided
- DVDs, CDs, audio books
Fleet Library shares its premises with the Harlington Centre which offers a range of activities and a café
|Monday||9.30am - 6pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am - 6pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am - 6pm|
|Thursday||9.30am - 6pm|
|Friday||9.30am - 6pm|
|Saturday||9.30am - 5pm|
Closed on Public Holidays