Business Information at Gosport Discovery Centre
Gosport Discovery Centre offers a wide range of business resources for start-ups and existing businesses. It is free to become a member and you can use your library card in all Hampshire libraries.
Resources in the Discovery Centre
- Free loan of books – e.g. accounting, business start-ups, employment, management, freelancing
- Newspapers - Financial Times, local & national dailies (current and back copies).
- Magazines - The Economist, Investor’s Chronicle, Management Today
- Reference information - Business and company law, Business planning, Company information, Economic and industry data, European & international business guides, Finance, marketing, sales & e-commerce
Gosport Discovery Centre runs free or low cost courses and workshops e.g. Planning and Starting your Own Business, Create Your Own Website, E Marketing, Office Skills.
Online business resources
Friendly trained staff can assist you in using online tools.
Resources are free to use (printing costs apply) and some can be used from any computer by Hampshire Library members.
Research undertaken by staff is chargeable.
- CANS - Citizens Advice Notes Service
- Cobra – the complete business reference adviser
- Custom journals – online selection of business journals
- MintUK – companies, directors & industry research, financial data
- Public Information Online – daily updates of parliamentary information updated daily
- UK NewsStand – regional & national newspapers online
Gosport Discovery Centre has a range of offers facilities that are useful for all your business needs if you are just starting up. These include:
- free unlimited WIFI and Internet access – on the Centre’s PCs, or on your own laptop, PDA or mobile phone
- Interactive meeting rooms for hire
- Photocopying (colour and black and white)
- Colour printing
- Scanner and fax service.
Gosport Borough Council
Works actively with partners to promote business growth in Gosport.
For further information contact the Economic Prosperity team, tel 023 92 545646
Expertise in starting up and running a business in Gosport., their information and advice is impartial, confidential– and free! You can meet an Adviser on a one to one basis to talk through your plans- no matter what stage they are at.
Enterprise First also advises and supports businesses just getting off the ground.and can offer help on a range of topics, including finance.
Businesses and self-employed section contains information on topics such as employment law, regulations, finance, tax, sales, marketing, and international trade.
Southern Entrepreneurs offers free networking events in Gosport. Their events will help you connect with others in order to share ideas, trade products and services, and market your new business. Membership is free to sole traders and small businesses and gives you access to expert advice.
The government’s revenue and customs team offers free courses on tax matters that will affect you. Their courses normally run from Lynx House in Cosham. Phone 0845 603 2691 or visit to find out more.
Money Advice Service
A free confidential health check you can do in easy steps. It takes just 5-10 minutes, doesn’t involve any paperwork and your answers are confidential.