Services and events
Learning in Libraries
Courses and Workshops in Hampshire Libraries
Magazines for Loan
From gardening to motoring to family history - available for 7 day loan, no charge!
Download a list of titles 202 kB
Online Library Services
Reserve and renew
Use the online service to reserve an item or renew your loans
Search for books, DVDs and CDs and login to your account
eBooks and audiobooks
Free downloads to your portable device or to read online
Free access to subscription websites. Hampshire library card required.
Join the library
Join online today and reserve items straight away!
Sign up to get our regular newsletter
Keep in touch with all the latest events
Join us on the first Thursday of every month from 4-5 pm for book chats, quizzes, crafts and fun!
A friendly, relaxed book club for 7-11 year olds.No need to book - just drop in!
Not on during summer holidays.
Knit & Natter
Come along for knitting, chatting and refreshments.
Mondays 10am-12am (not during the school holidays)
Come along for songs, rhymes and signs. All welcome.
Every Thursday 11am-11.45am (not during the school holidays).
Gaming, painting and scenery making.
Every Thursday 5.30pm-6.30pm (not during school holidays)
First Saturday of every month, 2pm-3pm
Totton Library holds a comprehensive collection of local studies material covering Totton, Eling, Southampton, the New Forest and the wider Hampshire area. The collection is backed up by files of cuttings and indexes for various items such as maps.
Totton, Lyndhurst, Cadnam, Netley Marsh, Eling, Ashurst, Bramshaw, Copythorne and Marchwood.
Scales: Modern maps (1994) 1:1250/1:2500/1:10000, Historic maps (dating back to 1909)1:2500/6":1 mile
Ordnance Survey maps
- Totton Gazette: Oct-Sep 1969, Oct-Sep 1970, Jan-Dec 1971, Jan-Dec 1972
- Forest & Waterside Observer and the Totton Times: 1963-1973
- Totton Advertiser 1962
- National School register (extracts): 1880s
- Plans for proposed Eling Infants School
- South East constituency proposals (current)
- Countryside Access Plan 2006
- New Forest National Park Authority Corporate Plan (2008-2009)
- New Forest District Council (Community Infrastructure Levy Preliminary draft) (2012)
- New Forest Catchment Flood management Plan (Summary Report December 2009)
- New Forest District Council: Sites and Development Management Plans (2012)
- 4 public computers
- free internet
- colour printing
- photocopying - black and white, colour, A4, A3 and double-sided
- exhibition facilities
- hearing loop
- parking nearby - 4 designated bays for Blue Badge holders
- wheelchair access into building
Library Road, Totton
Southampton, SO40 3RS
tel 0845 6035631 call charges
|Monday||9am – 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am – 5pm|
|Thursday||9am – 7pm|
|Friday||9am – 5pm|
|Saturday||9am – 4pm|
Closed on Public Holidays