Hampshire has a wide range of miniature scores; vocal scores; chamber music parts; tutors and music for solo instruments and scores of popular shows and albums.
If the item you want is not in stock you can request it using the inter-library loan service. Charges apply
Hampshire also offers performance sets, (vocal scores, libretti and orchestral sets).
These are available to societies, churches and schools which rehearse in Hampshire, (excluding Southampton and Portsmouth)
Music Set Group Membership
In order to use the Music Sets Service group need to join the Music Set Group Membership scheme. Group membership costs £10 per year and hire/reservation charges apply to the loan of all music sets.
The Music Set Group Membership scheme entitles groups to order up to 4 sets, (up to 120 copies per vocal set), at any one time.
Groups must nominate a named individual to act as the groups contact, and to take overall responsibility for any sets loaned.
Please visit your local library to join the Music Set Group Membership scheme
How to borrow
- After registering the group should deal exclusively with the branch where they have registered.
- Sets can be ordered up to 12 months in advance, early booking is advisable as some sets are very popular.
- Sets are loaned for up to 9 months.
- The complete set must be returned by the end of the loan period, (overdue charges apply to individual copies/parts that are not returned). Groups must replace missing copies within one month.
- Sets can be booked using the online form or in person at your local library. Please allow at least one month's notice when ordering a set.
- To enquire about an existing booking please contact your pick-up branch.
- The responsibility lies with your group to ensure you comply with copyright and performing rights legislation.
- If you value the service you have received, please acknowledge Hampshire County Council in your promotional material.
Requesting sets online
- Complete an online form
- Your request will be submitted to the music team at Library HQ
- A copy of the request will be passed to the branch your group are registered with.
- Please direct any queries concerning your request to your branch.