Terms of membership
- What you can borrow
Reservation and Inter-Library Loan fees.
Books, audio books, LP, DVDs, videos, music etc in Hampshire stock or on order.
Reservation Fee 18 years and over 50p per item 17 years and under 10p per item Large print and audio book reservations* FREE to print disabled Essential Skills material* FREE Large print, audio book and braille UK inter-library loans FREE for Bee Aware members National inter-library loans £2.50 per item International inter-library loans £10 per item Renewal of inter-library loans, (up to 5 renewals) £2.50 per renewal Sets of printed music £7.50 per set of 20 Orchestral sets £15
* Items in Hampshire stock only
- Books will be renewed for 4 weeks from the date we receive your call or message.
- Books can be renewed a maximum of five times.
- Audio books, DVDs, videos, electronic games, CD Roms, language packs and music CDs can be renewed twice.
- A full hire charge is payable on the renewal period which starts from the original due back date.
You cannot renew:
- more than 5 times for books or twice for music, games and films
- Fast Back Fiction
- items required by other readers
- if you owe £8 or more on your account
- Fines and charges
Charges for overdue items.
Books, adult audio books, childrens audiobooks, magazine, scores, music sets (per part/copy), music CDs and language packs
Who Charges Maximum 18 year olds and over* 15p per item per day £6 per item 17 year olds and under 5p per item per day 40p per item Children in care No charge No charge Jobseekers 10p per item per day £4 per item
Play sets, DVDs, videos, CD-Roms and Playstation/electronic games
Who Charges All customers One full extra weekly loan charge
Who Charges All customers No charges
- Keeping your details up to date
You must let us know if you change your contact details.
We use these to contact you about late fees and special offers.
- Lost or damaged items
Any item borrowed from a Hampshire library can be replaced by an equivalent copy or a charge can be agreed with the library service. Speak to your local branch to agree these arrangements.