Summer Reading Challenge at Winchester Discovery Centre
Visit Winchester Discovery Centre this Summer to join in the fun, start the six-book challenge and take part in the Creepy House story.
Anyone can join!
The challenge begins on 13 July and ends 15 September, is totally free and for children of all abilities aged 4-11 years.
You will receive
- A poster to record your books
- Stickers for every book you read
- A medal AND certificate when you finish
- An invitation to a special finishers party with illustrator Chris Riddell - for free!
- Access to the Creepy House website to set up your profile, review books and enter a writing competition
How to take part
- Sign up at the Discovery Centre in the holidays
- Start reading library books at home
- Return the books to the Discovery Centre, collect your stickers and talk about your favourite books!
Sign up as soon as you can for the chance to see the Horrible Science Best Bits Show with Nick Arnold for free!
Sign up quick - seats are limited.
Once you have read or listened to ANY six books, you have completed the challenge!
Visit after 13 July to begin.
Meet Commander Crawley
Commander Crawley lives at Winchester Discovery Centre. Some say that during the war his plane was shot out of the sky so often he ran away to live a less dangerous life in amongst the books. Here he found the adventures on the pages of books to be much safer and just as exciting, so this Summer he is visiting loads of Winchester schools to let everyone know just how brilliant reading is and how the six-book challenge is going to help children enjoy reading. If you’re lucky you’ll get to see him around the Discovery Centre, encouraging children of all abilities to get into books and complete the six-book challenge!