The Queen's Award for Enterprise 2013
The Lord-Lieutenant is delighted to announce that the following companies have been awarded The Queen's Award for Enterprise 2013 in the following catagories:
- PROTEC TECHNICAL LTD Fareham – Technical recruitment services, supplying permanent and contract staff worldwide.
- WOOD & DOUGLAS LTD Tadley – Wireless equipment for voice, data and video transmission.
- GRIFFON HOVERWORK Southampton - Design and manufacture of amphibious diesel-engine hovercrafts.
- EUROFOREST LIMITED Farnham – Harvesting and marketing of British timber and export of round wood.
- DE LA RUE INTERNATIONAL LTD Basingstoke – OptiksTM anti-counterfeit technology for banknotes comprising super-wide security threads and the associated papermaking processes.
About the Award
The Queen's Awards for Enterprise are highly prestigious awards for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of Innovation, International Trade and Sustainable Development. The Queen's Award for Enterprise Promotion is awarded to individuals who encourage entrepreneurial skills and attitudes in others.
The awards are made annually by Her Majesty The Queen, and are only given for the highest levels of excellence. They are judged to a demanding level and winners receive a number of benefits and worldwide recognition.
Previous corporate winners have come from a diverse selection of business sectors and have included large and small businesses. Recipients of the individual award have been from varied social and professional backgrounds.
The closing date for entries is the last working day of September each year and the winners are announced on 21st April the following year.
- More information about the awards including the links to the online application and nomination forms
- For further enquiries call The Queen's Awards Office helpline on 020 7215 6880 or email email@example.com
The Queen's Award for Enterprise Promotion (QAEP)
The Queen's Award for Enterprise Promotion (QAEP) celebrates and recognises the activities of individuals who have played an outstanding and significant role in promoting enterprise skills and attitudes in others in the UK. There will be up to ten Awards each year and a single Lifetime Achievement Award if there is an appropriate candidate.