Hampshire County Council brand strategy
The Hampshire County Council brand is one of our most powerful assets. It's who we are, it's how people recognise us and most importantly, it's about how people remember and relate to us.
This brand strategy outlines the elements that make up the brand and policy on how the brand must be implemented.
Stated aim of the Hampshire County Council brand
To build a brand that conveys the message that Hampshire County Council is approachable, responsive to people's needs, and that also stands for quality, efficiency and professionalism.
It must promote our image as a modern and progressive organisation.
- to present one brand (one name, one logo): Hampshire County Council
- to convey brand values that stem from the corporate vision and mission
- to provide and fulfil a promise through service delivery
- to be accountable - to make sure people understand what they get for their council tax
- to let people know where to come for public services
- to help improve the public's perception of our organisation in line with our brand values
- to make information from Hampshire County Council instantly recognisable
- to cross-sell our services (eg a visitor to Staunton Country Park might be encouraged to visit the local library or museum)
- to enable a user-specific approach - the Hampshire County Council brand enables us to group services by user need
- to strengthen the status and profile of the organisation.
How do we convey our brand?
Through marketing communications which are made up of:
- a distinctive and consistent brand identity
- design and visual presentation that complements the brand identity and reflects the brand values
- copy (written text) that reflects the brand values
- appropriate mediums of communication
- fulfilment of the promise of the brand values.
How is a brand effective?
- Consistency in application and quality.
- Distinctiveness - it stands out so it's easily recognisable.
- Relevance to its market - brand communications need to be targeted and appropriate for the market.