Later naval history of M.33
Following her return from Russia she became a tender. 1924 The ship became part of the Reserve Fleet at Chatham. 1925 Monitor M.33 was converted to a minelaying training ship and based at HMS Vernon, Portsmouth. She was renamed HMS Minerva. 1939 She was used at Portsmouth for a variety of purposes, including that of a fuelling hulk. She was formally hulked the following year and put up for sale.
She was converted to a boom defence workshop.
She was towed to the Clyde where she acted as part of the boom defences on the river.
Monitor M.33 returned to Portsmouth Harbour. She became a floating workshop and office, servicing local Fleet Auxiliary craft at the Royal Clarence Yard. She was renamed RMAS Minerva Hulk C.23.
RMAS Minerva Hulk C.23 was put up for sale.
by Ian Buxton